Are you a Hazelwood-based small business or community organization looking to create a wider positive impact in the neighborhood? Our NIF (Neighborhood Investment Fund) macro grant fund is meant to support local efforts to strengthen the community's social and economic fabric by offering additional financial resources to the residents and entrepreneurs of Hazelwood.
Applications can be mailed or dropped off at our office, or emailed to email@example.com
a. A small business owner, who must provide a signed IRS Form W9, or
b. A non-profit organization, which must provide proof of 501(c)3 status, or
c. A group (e.g., block club) based in Greater Hazelwood that has an agreement with a non-profit to serve as that group's fiduciary agent, and must provide a signed W-9 form.. Hazelwood Initiative will not serve as fiduciary agent for grantees.
3. Applications for 2018 macro-grants must be received by:
a. Friday, March 9
b. Friday, May 4
c. Friday, July 6
d. Friday, Sept 7
e. Friday, November 2
Grant checls will be available to awardees within 45 days of the application due dates.
4. Applicants must explain how the grant will be used for the benefit of Greater Hazelwood; grants must have a significant positive impact on the community.
5. Grantees must provide documentation that the grant funds were used for the proposed purpose and describe how the expected benefit was achieved . Documentation could include pictures, news articles, invoices, cost estimates, etc. Documentation must include an impact statement, detailing the benefit of the grant to the community.
6. Documentation must be provided within 2 weeks of the proposed event or grant use.
7. Grantees who do not provide acceptable documentation that a grant was used for the proposed purpose will not be eligible to receive future macro-grants.
8. Applicants whose grant applications are not funded may request a one-time reevaluation of the grant request by the Application Review Committee. Once reevaluation is complete, the Committee's decision will be final.
9. Applicants may be awarded macro-grants only once per year.
Application Review Committee
The Application Review Committee will be made of 1 board member of Hazelwood Initiative and 2 community members, plus 1 community member who will serve as an alternate. A staff member of Hazelwood Initiative will provide administrative support to the committee.
Public Notice of Grant Awards
After notification is made to applicants, those applicants who are awarded grants and the purpose of those grants may be publicized in print, social media, as well as at various community meetings.
Call our office or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!