Having an event in Hazelwood, but need help paying for it? Got an idea for a community project or workshop, but don't have the budget to cover all the materials? We may be able to help!
Applications can be mailed or dropped off at our office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant awards must not exceed $200
- Applicants must explain how the grant will be used for the benefit of Greater Hazelwood
- Applicants for micro-grant will be accepted on a rolling basis
- Grantees must provide a signed IRS Form W9
- Grantees must provide documentation that the grant funds were used for the proposed purpose and describe how the expected benefit was achieved. Documentation could include pictures, news articles, invoices, cost estimates, etc.
- Applicants may be awarded micro-grants a maximum of four times per year
- Documentation must be provided within 2 weeks of the proposed event or grant use
- Grantees that do not provide acceptable documentation that a grant was used for the proposed purpose will not be eligible to receive future micro-grants up-front. Applications for future micro-grant awards will be accepted and must be received prior to the proposed use; however. If the application is approved, the funds will only be available to provide reimbursement to the grantee.
- Individuals may not receive funds for personal use or benefit.
- Grant applications will not be considered for rent or mortgage payments, building or vehicle purchases, political fundraisers, or to improve the cash flow of a small businesses.
- Hazelwood Initiative, Inc. cannot be a grantee.
- Hazelwood Initiative, Inc. cannot serve as a fiduciary agent for applicants
- Applicants that are small businesses or entrepreneurs must contribute 10% of the projected budget in personal funds (e.g., if the projected budget for the requested activity is $3000, the applicant must provide at least $300 for the activity).
Public Notice of Grant Awards
After notification is made to applicants, those applicants who are awarded grants and the purpose of those grants may be publicized in print, social media, as well as at various community meetings.
Call our office or email (email@example.com) with any questions!